In the fall of 2021, Facebook and Instagram experienced network problems and were down for six hours, with a complete chaos in the world as a result. Although it is rare, disruptions do occur in our systems at some point and it can prove to affect anyone. Read more about what our Service Manager Johan Jändel-Holst recommends when it comes to maintaining quality in backup systems and battery banks.
For as long as we've had electricity in society, there have also been impacts on our electrical environment. High-frequency disturbances and transients or "spikes" as they are also called, affect electronic equipment and apparatus, which in worst case scenarios can lead to important functions fully going down with catastrophic consequences as a result. What is becoming clear is that maintenance and service are becoming increasingly important in our electronics-dense world.
- Increasingly higher demands are being placed on operational safety today than just a few years ago, says Johan Jändel-Holst. Customers think differently when it comes to main-tenance and service and value it more than previously. They simply want to avoid problems, he continues.
How should you then think – what is important?
– If we begin in the area of emergency lighting, both we and the lighting industry have in recent years recognized that ongoing supervision of emergency lighting systems is not followed according to the applicable regulations. If you have chosen an emergency lighting system with central monitoring, it is easier to detect any errors than in facilities where there are fittings with individual battery backup. As a property owner, you are responsible for operation and maintenance. My advice is to create a review routine for your facility with recommended intervals and log entries, or allow us to do it.
– When it comes to UPSs and individual batteries or battery banks, there are a few things to consider. Max 25 degrees in the area where the batteries are placed and preferably not below 20 degrees. Ensure as well good battery quality - batteries with high performance are a better investment than simpler solutions. To avoid performing manual tests of the battery bank, install a battery monitoring system. Via remote monitoring, you can then keep track of the function and measure individual batteries and also, if necessary, be able to carry out individual charging, says Johan.
So what do you recommend to maintain quality and operation in a facility?
– To ensure maximum operational reliability over time, set up a service and support agreement. Through the agreement, you will not only get free telephone support, but can also receive on-site visits by our technicians for general control, adjustment and updating of the facility.
Are there any other benefits to an operation and support agreement?
– We ensure that the security of your facility is always maintained. We can detect errors or issues in time that may later cause problems or damage. We monitor your system or installation continuosly via remote control or visits by technicians and perform an ocular inspection, functional test as well as control of batteries individually and, if necessary, update software. After each check, and if there is a need, an action plan is drawn up going forward. With maintenance at regular intervals, costs are minimized, which otherwise, if bad luck would strike, can be very high, concludes Johan Jändel-Holst.
Thank you for the chat, Johan!
Would you like further information about the possibilities of an operation and support agreement? Talk to Johan via phone: +46 8-603 38 12 or email: email@example.com>.
Let's introduce some new (and old) faces on the Kamic deck that will now further strengthen our sales team. From left: Viktor Wikstrand, who from 1 February will take up a position as a new salesperson at the Stockholm office and will be responsible for the southern part of the district as well as Östergötland.
The organization Belysningsbranschen and the working group Safety through Emergency Lighting (FSN) have on several occasions carried out studies on how the situation looks in public buildings when it comes to emergency lighting. The studies have been about looking more closely at whether the emergency lighting works and whether the supervision of property owners and authorities has been satisfactory. The results of the surveys have been disappointing. (3 minutes reading).
More and more people are nowlooking for luminaires with so-called built-in light flexibility. This is about luminaires where you decide most things yourself and can adjust, for example, color temperature, light flow or diffusion angle directly in the luminaire. Welcome to take part of the exciting multi-luminaries of the future, or as we prefer to call them – luminaires with infinite lighting flexibility.
We continue the work of strengthening and developing the business with the environment set in the first place. Newly hired sustainability coordinator within the environment & quality team is Esmeralda Hansson. Esmeralda, who is a trained environmental strategist, has seven years of studies behind her, the last four of which have focused on environmental science.
After an extensive work on branding where focus was on questions about the company's mission, the future vision, discussion on core values and updated the business concept, Kamic is now releasing the result of this work in a fully new brand platform.
We are now releasing a new complete series of emergency lighting with a wide range of applications. Gennius, as the fittings are called, are modern, designed signage fittings intended for permanent and standby operation, which can be mounted both with and without signage on the wall or ceiling. Through high grade enclosure and impact resistance, the fittings covers most needs in terms of emergency lighting.
The city of Malmö's new football stadium was inaugurated in 2009. At the inauguration, the arena was named Swedbank Stadium, but in 2018 the name was changed to today's: "Eleda Stadion" - Malmö FF's home city. When the construction
As part of the development of the neighborhood town Järva Krog north of Stockholm, an entirely new parking garage has now opened in the area. The new building called Sadelplatsen not only adds additional parking spaces to Järva, but also an attractive and safe environment with extended service.